Pink Sugar Princess
Sarah McLachlan Rocks My Socks - Monday, March 21, 2005
Last night was sooo cool! first Sz and I went to dinner at Rossini's on circular quay. It was still warm, and you could see the harbour bridge, which is pretty romantic with all the lights! Afterwards, we collected our tickets from the box office and saw Sarah McLachlan's concert: Afterglow in the concert hall at the opera house.

I was so excited, I mean, a concert is a concert, but it's so much classier in the opera house, somehow. First was the support act, Butterfly Boucher, and afterwards we stood on the balcony in the intermission and looked at the lights and the water taxis zooming by in the dark.

Then we went back in and Sarah sang all my favourite songs from Afterglow, and some songs I didn't recognise from her other albumns. The best one was World On Fire but I also thought Answer was really moving. Sometimes when you hear a song you really like, and it's being sung live, the music just seems to hang in the air, and it almost feels spiritual.

Afterwards, I told Sz it was chicken soup for the soul, (I love that phrase!) and I think he agreed. I have to say, it was an excellent Valentines Day present! I decided I want her haircut, which was HOT! and I also decided I'm not giving Sz his cd back for a long time! (it means so much more now that I've been to the concert. He can burn himself a copy, LOL)

Apart from that, the weekend was pretty ordinary: I went to work, I did some washing, I went to Max Brenner's with Anna and we sat in total silence for about half an hour because we were just so exhausted. I also made a collage for tomorrow. Im going to a market research thing: we have to bring an A3 collage of what is 'important to us' as the youth of today. Obviously mine has a lot of pink, coffee, travel and mascara references, not to mention spaghetti bolognese and schnitzel... (Sz's grandmother makes such good schnitzel, it should be illegal!)

Anyway, heidi ho for now, I have a whole lot of highlighting to do for uni!

Love,

BJ


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home




blogger powered
Photo

love Pinksugar

About

Name: Rosie
Nick: Pinksugar
DOB: 22/06/1985
Stars: Cancer
Likes: pink, clothes, shopping, music, coffee, books, cocktails, GLOW WORMS!
Hates: mean people, liars, zucchini, bolshy mothers
Career: Receptionist at Fitness First; at Uni doing Bsc/Ba - Natural History, Culture & Museum studies

Links
Including Blogs I read

Cute Overload
Little Things
LJC Blog
My Photo Blog
Very Pink




Ings
Reading:
Captivity Narrative Readings for Australian History
Listening:
ben lee - cigarettes will kill you
oasis - wonderwall
powderfinger - my happiness
hanson - I will come to you (haha)
Craving:
micro bikini Body!!
Loving:
Uni! (NOT! stupid work)
Wearing:
a smile
Saying:
haha! What a tool!
holy fuckery!
awesome
Feeling:
The current mood of pinksugaris@hotmail.com at www.imood.com
1greenEYE Designs - modified by Me blogger online 2000-06 drink contact