Pink Sugar Princess
The Great Thermometer Disaster of 2006! - Monday, September 04, 2006
I had the weirdest day. I started feeling a bit under the weather on sunday night, so I decided to take the day off. I messaged my tutor to make sure I didn't need a medical certificate, and he said that I did. So mum and I went for a walk to Coogee, which completely exhausted me, and then I went to the doctor. He took my temperature and measured my breathing and whatnot.

Then I went home, had a 3 hour nap, and then I flung all my clothes off to get into the shower since I didn't have long to get ready for mum's birthday dinner. And something glass fell out and shattered all over the floor. It was the thermometer, which the dr had forgotten to get back from me, which had been under my arm the whole time!!

So Anna and I are crawling around on the floor picking up glass and saying "FUCK, dont touch the mercury!!" and trying to wipe it up which it wouldn't since mercury is quite solid. Haha it was a total madhouse.

Anyway, then we went to the city and had dinner on a cruise around the harbour, which was reaally nice. I had carpaccio beef as an appetiser (very thinly sliced, underdone meat with an olive oil and lemon dressing, with random salad ingredients)

Then duck with wild cherry sauce and kumera mash (why not just say sweet potato??)

and for desert, mandarin cake with some kind of lime icecreamy moussey thing, berry coulis, and strawberries that had been in cointreau in a little chocolate wicker basket. Very cute.

There was nice swing music too. It was a little cold outside but otherwise, it was really very romantic and pleasant.

We didn't get home that late but I still feel seedy because we didn't have any water with dinner - only champagne and white wine, then coffee.

Anyway, up early tomorrow so night night

Love Rosie

Labels: , ,



0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home




blogger powered
Photo

love Pinksugar

About

Name: Rosie
Nick: Pinksugar
DOB: 22/06/1985
Stars: Cancer
Likes: pink, clothes, shopping, music, coffee, books, cocktails, GLOW WORMS!
Hates: mean people, liars, zucchini, bolshy mothers
Career: Receptionist at Fitness First; at Uni doing Bsc/Ba - Natural History, Culture & Museum studies

Links
Including Blogs I read

Cute Overload
Little Things
LJC Blog
My Photo Blog
Very Pink




Ings
Reading:
Captivity Narrative Readings for Australian History
Listening:
ben lee - cigarettes will kill you
oasis - wonderwall
powderfinger - my happiness
hanson - I will come to you (haha)
Craving:
micro bikini Body!!
Loving:
Uni! (NOT! stupid work)
Wearing:
a smile
Saying:
haha! What a tool!
holy fuckery!
awesome
Feeling:
The current mood of pinksugaris@hotmail.com at www.imood.com
1greenEYE Designs - modified by Me blogger online 2000-06 drink contact